QUICK HIT: Brenna Wade

QUICK  HIT: Brenna Wade

In this Quick Hits, Public Services Librarian Brenna Wade talks squirrels, Wales, and movies. 

What book are you reading right now?

“Tales from the Café” by Toshikazu Kawaguchi, second book in the “Before the Coffee Gets Cold” series.

How long have you wanted to be a librarian? 

Ever since junior year of high school, around age 17.

What was your favorite study spot when you were a Hillsdale student?

The Dow Room in the library. I tried studying in the Heritage Room, but I kept napping on the couches instead.

“Harry Potter” or “Lord of the Rings”?

“Lord of the Rings,” no question. I have read the trilogy and seen the movies. The “Lord of the Rings” movies by Peter Jackson came out when I was in high school, and it was an amazing experience to see them in theaters. I have not read the “Harry Potter” books and have only seen parts of the movies.

What is your top advice for students?

College is an incredibly unique time. Your schedule will never be as flexible as it is now. Enjoy it, and don’t be afraid to make connections both on campus and in the community.

What is the craziest thing that’s happened since you’ve worked at the library?

Probably the squirrel that got into the library several years ago. One of the maintenance personnel was able to get it out. I’m not sure how it got in the building, and I’m not entirely sure how they captured it. Added some excitement to the day, though.

Where are you from?

I grew up in Oakland, Illinois, a tiny town in east central Illinois, but I consider Hillsdale to be home.

Top three favorite movies?

“Magnificent Seven,” 1960; “Pride and Prejudice,” 1940; “Morning Glory,” 2010. Honorable mention: “A Bug’s Life,” 1998. It’s basically the “Magnificent Seven” for kids.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Wales. I would love to stay at Gladstone’s Library.

Loading