New church hosts first service

New church hosts first service

Pastor Brock Rohrer said more than 400 people attended the church’s first service.
Courtesy | Facebook

Life Changing Church hosted its first sermon at the Dawn Theater on Nov. 5. 

The church is non-denominational and has locations in Edgerton, Ohio, and Angola, Indiana, according to its website.

Sophomore Christina Lewis attended the first sermon. She said the message was about “hospitality and how we as a church can be hospitable, how we serve our communities and how we can love our neighbors.” 

Brock Rohrer serves as the church’s Hillsdale campus pastor. He said the first service was “unbelievable.”

Rohrer said that all the anticipation, prayer, work, and volunteers that allowed Life Changing Church’s new location to come together was incredible. He said more than 400 people attended the church’s first service.

“Our church motto is raw, real, and love you where you are,” Rohrer said. “We’re looking to build the kingdom, not an individual castle.” 

Rohrer said he hopes Life Changing Church can find opportunities to serve the surrounding community. 

“We pray every Sunday for other area churches that God would fill them up,” he said.

Rohrer said Life Changing church is for everyone. 

“We’re for the other churches, we’re for the lost, we’re for the college, we’re for the homeless population,” he said.

Lewis said the church is making a special effort to reach out to the community and it had a welcoming atmosphere.

“It’s definitely a place where people would feel very loved and feel God’s presence,” she said. 

Taylor Fenicle, Kidzworld Coordinator for the organization’s Hillsdale church, helps run Sunday school for children. She said she believes serving others is the greatest love of all.

Fenicle said she is hopeful about the future of the church. 

“If one person gets saved because of Hillsdale’s Life Changing Church that is enough for us to be here,” she said. 

Fenicle adds that she is excited for Life Changing Church’s first baptism in a few weeks, and is looking forward to the weeks ahead. 

Life Changing Church offers services at 9 and 11 a.m. each Sunday, according to its website, as well as discipleship groups, services, and ministries.