State troopers arrest suspect in local drive-by shooting

Matthew Christopher Mosby. Courtesy | JailTracker

Michigan State Police arrested a man suspected of shooting and injuring another driver in Jefferson Township on the night of Jan. 4.

Matthew Christopher Mosby, 30, is facing four charges related to the incident, according to JailTracker. He was arraigned on Jan. 6.

According to an MSP news release, Jackson Post troopers responded to the incident on Osseo Road near Beecher Road at 9:40 p.m.

“The suspect, a 30-year-old from Hillsdale, was driving in a separate vehicle and shot several bullets at the victim’s vehicle,” the news release said. “One round penetrated the driver’s side door of the victim’s vehicle and struck the victim in both legs.”

The victim, a 24-year-old from Hillsdale, was taken to Hillsdale Hospital and was in “critical, but stable condition,” according to the news release.

MSP troopers arrested Mosby without incident at a residence in Bronson, Michigan, the morning of Jan. 5, according to the news release. He is currently at the Hillsdale County Jail.

An MSP Jackson Post trooper confirmed the investigation was ongoing as of Jan. 17.

Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Jamie J. Wisniewski said her office is charging Mosby with attempted murder, assault with intent to murder, felony firearm, and discharge from a vehicle causing serious impairment. Wisniewski is prosecuting Mosby, and attorney George Lyons is representing him, according to the court website.

Wisniewski said Mosby is currently being held without bail. He will face a probable cause conference  at 10 a.m. on Jan. 18, and a preliminary examination on Jan. 25.

Loading