The Michigan State Police arrested an Osseo man on charges relating to pos­session of metham­phet­amine, assault, and home invasion on March 31, according to the Hillsdale County Sheriff’s Office.

State troopers booked 39-year-old Charles Renard Pet­tiford into the Hillsdale County Jail just after 1:30 a.m., according to JailTracker. 

“The Michigan State Police arrested him,” Deputy Thomas Gibbons said. “He was arrested on warrants.”

Pet­tiford faces charges over alleged 2021 offenses such as domestic vio­lence, forced entry of a res­i­dence, pos­session of metham­phet­a­mines, and aggra­vated assault with a weapon, Gibbons said. He also faces a charge from January 2022 for unau­tho­rized use of a vehicle. 

“There are charges from the county, there are charges from the city, and three of them are from the Michigan State Police,” Gibbons said.

Pettiford’s total bail for the charges was set at $102,500. He didn’t post bond, according to the sheriff’s office.

Pet­tiford faced a probable cause con­ference Wednesday, April 13 at 10:30 a.m., according to the dis­trict court website. Hillsdale County Pros­e­cutor Neal Brady is assigned to Pet­ti­ford’s case, and attorney Keith Stickley is defending him.