Jonesville Lumber is con­tributing to a sweep­stakes. Courtesy | Facebook

Jonesville Lumber is one of several local busi­nesses con­tributing to a spring home makeover sweep­stakes this year, with national rewards that total $25,000.

The Hillsdale Daily News con­ducts the local sweep­stakes, for which busi­nesses like Jonesville Lumber provide funding. The sweep­stakes allow busi­nesses to advertise, according to Abe Graves, co-owner of Jonesville Lumber.

“This is some­thing new for us to be a part of,” Graves said.

Gannett, a Wash­ington, D.C.-based mass media holding company that operates the Hillsdale Daily News, is co-spon­soring the sweep­stakes alongside local busi­nesses nationwide, according to the sweep­stakes rules. Gannett is con­ducting the sweep­stakes at all of its news­papers’ locations.

Gannett offers a total of $25,000 in cash prizes: one grand national prize of $15,000, and two national prizes of $5,000 each.

The sweep­stakes began on March 1 and are open until April 30. The context is open to all U.S. res­i­dents who are at or above the age of majority, which is 18 in Michigan.

Signing up is rel­a­tively easy, according to Graves.

“It looks like it is a pretty easy thing to fill out and reg­ister,” he said.

All it takes to enter the sweep­stakes is your name, email address, state and zip code, phone number, and how soon (in months) you want to build your dream home.

Oper­a­tions Manager Mitch Haarer said he hopes a Hillsdale County res­ident wins a prize.

“We’d love to see a local person win one of the top prizes,” Haarer said.

Graves said Jonesville Lumber is happy to be a part of the sweepstakes.

“We’re excited to be a part of it, and we are excited to see how it plays out,” he said.