Security has been a great resource to stu­dents.
Courtesy | Carmel Kookogey

The Hillsdale College Campus Security Department is moving this week to new offices on the lower level of the Knorr Student Center after nearly 10 years at 25 Gal­loway Drive.

It will take over the former Infor­mation Tech­nology Security offices, across from Career Services.

“This new office location makes us more cen­tralized and easier to find for stu­dents, vis­itors, and staff,” said Joe Callum,  asso­ciate director of security and emer­gency management. 

According to Chief Admin­is­trative Officer Rich Péwé, the new location will be more con­ve­nient for students. 

“Stu­dents won’t have to walk across the street to get to security,” Péwé said. 

The new office space is a similar size but orga­nized more effi­ciently with easier access to campus, Callum said.

“The foot patrol will be parked outside nearby, so it gives them quick access to their vehicles,” Callum said. “We have a larger briefing room for when other entities come in and a con­ference room, which we did not have before.”

Addi­tionally, the college ren­o­vated the new office spaces. According to Callum, they added a Plex­iglas window with hallway access. 

Freshman Carlie Steele said it will be helpful to have student resources near each other after the security offices move.

“Security has done such a great job of being a resource for stu­dents and making their presence known that they’re here to support u