The Hillsdale College golf team placed ninth at the Findlay Spring Invi­ta­tional at the Uni­versity Club of Kentucky. 

“We were a bit dis­ap­pointed in the finish but there were a lot of pos­i­tives to take away,” Junior Gerry Jones Jr. said. “We always perform well in the first 2 rounds but put too much pressure on our­selves in the 3rd round. The first two pars went well for the team with them pulling an even-par due to strong play. 

The strong showing in the first two rounds allowed the team to finish before going into the third round sitting solid­ified ranked fifth.

“We were all happy with how we did on the first day,” freshman Flippo Reale said. “We have to build off that.”

Jones Jr. shot at five-over in the final round through nine holes. Jones played his final round nine at 3‑under, birdieing 18, 1 and 5 to finish with a 74. Com­bined with an opening-round 70 and a second-round 72, Jones achieved an even-par 216 for the tour­nament, giving him a tie for 12th place overall. 

Freshman Oscar Dar­lington fol­lowed Jones shooting a 73 – 71-74 – 218, tying for 25th place overall.

Senior Josh Dav­enport started with a strong push shooting a 70 in the first round and a 74 in the second. Unfor­tu­nately, the third round gave him an 80 fin­ishing him out tying for 47th place with a score of 223.

Tying with Dav­enport for 25th was freshman Flippo Reale who shot a 75 – 72-76 – 223. 

Senior Drew Gandy also carded a 75 – 77-77 – 229 fin­ishing 78th place for Hillsdale. 

The team tied second at the tour­nament for total birdies having 53. 

The team is hoping that this tour­nament is going to give them the nec­essary lessons to do well and the next upcoming tournament. 

“We know we have the capa­bility so we are going to keep forging along,” Jones said. “Next week we have a tour­nament in Nashville at a course we’ve had prior success at, so we are itching to get back out there.”