SAB invites students to eleventh annual ski trip this Saturday

Home News SAB invites students to eleventh annual ski trip this Saturday

Students ride the ski lift at last year’s ski trip.
Courtesy | Zane MabryMore than 70 students will hit the slopes at the Student Activities Board’s eleventh annual ski trip on Saturday. 

Zane Mabry, director of student activities, said SAB will provide bus transportation to the Bittersweet Ski Resort in Otsego, MI. The buses will leave at 7:00 a.m. and return at 4:00 p.m.

“We do some coordinating beforehand with the ski resort so they can better accommodate the large group we are bringing, and then make sure things go smoothly while everyone is there,” Mabry said.

According to Riley Arlinghaus, student activities programs assistant, the ski rentals cost more than the $40 charged to each student going, but SAB covers the remaining cost to keep it affordable and accessible to students.

“We want to keep costs low for students that want to attend this,” she said.

The participating students must provide their own lunches, which allows the cost to remain low and the trip to last the whole day.

“When we arrive at the ski resort, everyone has to check in with SAB to get their lift tickets and gear rentals and then they have the whole day to enjoy skiing at the resort,” Mabry said.

Mabry said this is a very popular SAB event.

“It is definitely a longstanding tradition at this point,” he said.

Arlinghaus said there are an assortment of trails sure to keep any skier happy, from a beginner to an expert.

“There’s a good mix of trails there,” Arlinghaus said. “It’s generally going to be very accessible for a new skier.”