Hillsdale stu­dents par­tic­ipate in an activity during a Curate summit. | Curate

The third annual Curate Women’s Summit will feature 25 speakers in the Plaster Audi­torium this weekend.

From 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sat­urday, Hillsdale women will have the oppor­tunity to attend up to four break-out ses­sions and connect with other women, including alumni, staff, and faculty. 

For the first time, the day will be fol­lowed by a Mini Maker’s Market fea­turing local female artisans.

“The purpose of Curate is to build up our female com­munity by con­necting stu­dents with some of our remarkable alumni, staff, and faculty,” Olds Res­i­dence House Director Rachel Marinko said. “We want to encourage our female stu­dents to con­sider the many dif­ferent paths you can take to grow as a woman. If some­thing a speaker says res­onates with a student, we hope it can create a con­nection for her to learn even more from that speaker.”

Student Activ­ities Program Assistant Riley Arlinghaus said stu­dents can espe­cially look forward to Pro­fessor of Art Barbara Bushey and Dean of Women Rebekah Dell’s panel on cre­ativity, and home­maker Allison Hutchinson’s speech on volunteering. 

“The speakers truly want to connect with stu­dents, and Curate is the best place to find yourself in con­ver­sation with a new friend or mentor,” Arlinghaus said. 

The theme this year is “Radiant.”

“We chose the Radiant theme because we love the def­i­n­ition: sending out light and shining or glowing brightly,” Marinko said. “I think it applies to our com­munity of women here. We also liked the visual aspect of it for décor.”

Junior Kate Pipher has attended the Curate summit for the past two years.

“I have really enjoyed the wisdom from so many dif­ferent women on so many dif­ferent topics,” she said, “and I’m excited to see what I will learn this year.”

Morning coffee and light refresh­ments, lunch from Handmade, and afternoon snacks will be pro­vided. There will also be a make-your-own tea bag station.

“The coffee and pas­tries are nice,” Pipher said. “They really pamper us.”

Stu­dents can visit the Curate website to register.

“It’s a day for our college women to feel loved and cared for,” Marinko said, “because we really do want the best for every single woman who comes to Hillsdale.”