SAB’s annual Harvest Festival this Friday

Home News SAB’s annual Harvest Festival this Friday
Pumpkin painting to be offered at Harvest Festival. Josephine von Dohlen | Collegian

The annual Harvest Festival will take place this Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., sponsored by the Student Activities Board. 

“It will look a lot more like it did three or four years ago than it did last year,” said Riley Arlinghaus, assistant director of SAB. 

The event will take place under the white tent behind Central Hall. Weather permitting, there will be bonfires and yard games on the Quad. Other activities will include pumpkin painting and carving.

“Last year’s event was really affected by COVID-19 and was more of a carnival theme,” Arlinghaus said. “This year is more going back to those classic fall things.”

SAB will provide donuts, popcorn, candy apples, cider, and coffee. 

“It’s a fun time, especially to come with friends and hangout,” Director of Student Activities Zane Mabry said. “It’s not fall unless you carve a pumpkin, in my opinion.” 

According to Arlinghaus, the Harvest Festival is tailored toward students, but parents and siblings are welcome to partake in the fall fun as well.

“Leaves are starting to change and we’re starting to feel the change of season,” Arlinghaus said. “This is a way that we’re choosing to fully invest in it being fall. For students that haven’t seen a Michigan fall before or maybe haven’t ever really had this kind of fall at all, it’s a fun way to celebrate it.”