Mollie Hem­ing­way’s new book becomes fourth best­seller on Amazon within 48 hours of its release. Courtesy | Wiki­media Commons

Senior Jour­nalism Fellow Mollie Hem­ingway released her new book on Tuesday, and by Wednesday night, it was the #4 best­seller on Amazon.com.

“Rigged: How the Media, Big Tech, and the Democrats Seized Our Elec­tions” offers a com­pre­hensive account of the con­tro­versies sur­rounding the 2020 election.

“My book tells the story of how the estab­lishment was willing to do whatever it took to prevent Pres­ident Trump from winning a second term and how close they came to failing,” she said.

Hem­ingway teaches a jour­nalism course each semester at the Kirby Center and reg­u­larly visits the campus in Michigan to meet with stu­dents. She is a senior editor of the online con­ser­v­ative mag­azine The Federalist.

“I’m thrilled that people can read what I found in reporting and researching the 2020 election,” Hem­ingway said. “I had long felt that the corrupt media and Big Tech oli­garchs had unfairly meddled in the election by con­trolling what infor­mation people could get about the opposing can­di­dates. They sup­pressed true news stories and ele­vated demon­strably fake ones, and they did it for years. They cen­sored, deplat­formed, altered algo­rithms, and more.”

In 2017, Hem­ingway was one of the few jour­nalists to question what she calls the “Russian col­lusion hoax” against former Pres­ident Donald Trump. 

Her pre­vious book is “Justice on Trial: The Kavanaugh Con­fir­mation and the Future of the Supreme Court,” an insider account of the con­fir­mation battle sur­rounding Trump’s nom­i­nation of Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court. It became a New York Times bestseller.

In Sep­tember, Hem­ingway received the pres­ti­gious Bradley Prize for “out­standing achieve­ments reflecting The Bradley Foundation’s mission to restore, strengthen, and protect the prin­ciples and insti­tu­tions of American excep­tion­alism,” the foun­dation said.

Hem­ingway was a recipient of a 2004 Robert Novak Jour­nalism Fel­lowship at The Fund for American Studies and a 2014 Lincoln Fellow of the Claremont Institute. She is a con­tributor on Fox News, a regular member of the Fox News All-Stars panel on “Special Report with Bret Baier,” and has had her work fea­tured in mul­tiple outlets. 

“Rigged”contains inter­views with Trump, Supreme Court jus­tices, sen­ators, rep­re­sen­ta­tives, White House staffers, and more. In one interview with Trump, the pres­ident even taught her how to properly take a photo, she said.

He told me to angle my body, put my hand on my hip, and a few other tricks. ‘You can trust me: my wife is a super­model,’ he said, as if I were unaware,” Hem­ingway wrote.

Although “Rigged” focuses on the 2020 election, Hem­ingway pulled from decades of election research. She said that she hopes her book will encourage readers to think harder about how to hold fair elec­tions, she said on The Fed­er­alist Radio Hour on Tuesday.

“Election laws and pro­ce­dures were dra­mat­i­cally altered in 2020, some­times legally, some­times not. The changes allowed for tens of mil­lions of mail-in ballots to flood the system, a method of voting that used to be acknowl­edged as more sus­cep­tible to fraud and other problems,” Hem­ingway said.