Babylon Bee editor comes to campus

Home News Babylon Bee editor comes to campus
Babylon Bee editor comes to campus
Babylon Bee Editor, Kyle Mann | Collegian Archives

Kyle Mann, editor-in-chief of the Babylon Bee, will speak in Plaster Auditorium at 8 p.m. tonight as a guest of the Dow Journalism Program.

The Babylon Bee is a Christian satire news site that pokes fun at current events.

“Satire rarely takes a position—it makes fun of things and deconstructs them,” Mann said in a recent tweet.

Recent Bee headlines involving politics include “Pelosi Calls for Impeachment of Ronald Reagan,” and “Ron DeSantis Says Teachers Who Ask Kids To Wear Masks Will Be Thrown Into Gator Pond.” 

The Bee also pokes fun at Christian culture, with headlines, such as “Man Struck Dead After Rating Bible App Just 4 Stars.” 

Mann’s talk is called “The Art of Satire in a Humorless World.” The event is open to the public. 

“I love the Bee. I think they’re very funny and do a great job of poking fun at themselves and the people that follow them as well as their opponents,” junior Erin Collins said. “They help find humor in even the worst situations but also do a great job of knowing where the line is.”

“I could not be happier that [the Bee] is coming to campus,” she said. “I’m so excited to hear Kyle Mann talk.” 

She said her family was jealous they could not attend. 

Sophomore Paige Conway expressed similar sentiments saying that she was excited the Bee is coming to campus.

“I like how the Bee is not afraid to mock mainstream news while being light and entertaining,” she said.