Scot Bertram once took part in a slam dunk com­pe­tition on the floor of the Chicago Stadium. Courtesy | Scot Bertram

What’s your least favorite sport to watch? Soccer. Do you have a bucket list? I don’t. But I have made a New Year’s res­o­lution every year for 20 years now, which is to learn how to play an instrument. I’m one of the biggest music fans that you’ll meet… but I could not get on stage and jam with anyone unless I played the tri­angle. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? I took part in a slam dunk com­pe­tition on the floor of the Chicago Stadium. Is there any advice your dad gave you when you were young that you still follow today? You can’t always control events. But you can control the sit­u­a­tions in which you put yourself. Put yourself in sit­u­a­tions to succeed.  If you could have dinner with three famous people living, who would you choose? Huey Lewis, Jim Downey, Phil Hartman. What is your favorite TV show? News­Radio. Do you have a go to knock-knock joke? Knock knock. Who’s there? Wooden shoe. Wooden shoe who? Wouldn’t you like to know. What is your favorite hobby? Reading, reading books, reading mag­a­zines, reading articles, paying attention to news and current events, lis­tening to music. All those things that sort of encompass my job descrip­tions, also happen to be the things that I like to do when I’m not actually working. What is your favorite team? The Chicago White Sox. I was able to attend game one of the World Series back in 2005 with my parents, which was fan­tastic. Would you con­sider yourself super­sti­tious? My first instinct is to say no. But during the afore­men­tioned 2005 White Sox World Series run, my friend had given me this cheap white sox bracelet that just said White Socks, and I wore it. I didn’t wear it all during the season, but I put it on when playoffs started, and I wore it every day, except the day the White Sox lost the one game. So, no, except some­times.What’s the best decision you’ve ever made? Fol­lowed my passion. What was your favorite class in high school? American History Since ’45. What’s one band that you believe to be under­rated? Marah. Critics seem to like them and they were great, but they never were able to cross over into a greater appre­ci­ation. Just before they were sup­posed to go on this big tour, the band imploded and they ended up firing many people. But I really think their music is underappreciated.