Concert on the Quad ‘a job truly well done’

Home Uncategorized Concert on the Quad ‘a job truly well done’
Paul and Adam Lindauer perform at Concert on the Quad.
Facebook

On Sunday, Sept. 11, the Student Activities Board organized our annual Concert on the Quad, a long-standing campus tradition and an important part of the school year for many students at Hillsdale. Over the course of four hours, several student performers amazed the crowd with stunning performances of all kinds of music genres. The event was a huge enjoyment for attendees and musicians alike.

One of the musicians playing at the event was Rowan Macwan, a senior, who played with his band called “The Rummage Kids.” Rowan likes making music because he feels that with today’s large availability of recorded songs and music streaming on-demand, simply hearing music does not carry a lot of meaning anymore. But being able to make music with and for friends, however, is still special. 

“I would rather play a song with friends really terribly than hear some fancy version from a computer,” Macwan said.

Our unique campus culture added some special flair to the event as well. Musician Paul Lindauer, a freshman who performed alongside  his twin brother Adam, noted that since the audience was all from the Hillsdale community , their positive, welcoming, and cheerful response made performing at the concert even more fun. Both Macwan and Lindauer agreed that the event was an absolute success.

The overwhelmingly positive reception of Concert on the Quad was not limited to the musicians. The crowd loved the event as well. Freshman Avery Noel explained that he particularly enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere at the event and the exceptional organization by the Student Activities Board. Concert on the Quad, according to Noel, was an excellent opportunity to catch up with friends and have a fun time together.

The casual ambiance, the food, and the outstanding quality of student-performed live music contributed to the overall amusement felt by sophomore Liz Oxaal and freshmen Mary Ann Powers and Grace Hearne, who went to the Concert as a group. Powers particularly enjoyed the creative band names like “The Temp-Checks,” which captured the campus spirit of the last several weeks. 

“Hillsdale has provided us with an opportunity to unite in the universal language of music while mixing and mingling with many new people at the same time,” said the group in a quote that could not capture the overall experience of the attendees better.

SAB and the performers can really pat themselves on the back. They have organized yet another well received event that extraordinarily contributed to our unique social life that all of campus enjoys! Our biggest gratitude goes out to all who came out, especially the musicians and organizers. A job truly well done.