Chi Omega to host pancake fundraiser on Saturday

Home News Chi Omega to host pancake fundraiser on Saturday
Chi Omega is hosting a pancake fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation this Saturday, open to all students and their visiting families. Pexels

Students — and their visiting parents — can wake up and go to a pancake breakfast this Saturday, March 2, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chi Omega house. Proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Tickets are on sale for $5 in the Grewcock Student Union during lunch hours this week or at the door via Venmo or cash. Gluten-free pancakes are available for those with allergies.

“Our pancake breakfast is our biggest fundraiser of the year for Make-A-Wish,” said junior Crystal Schupbach, philanthropy chair for Chi Omega. “Community service is one of Chi Omega’s most important purposes, and I think all of us look forward to the time we spend together serving our communities.”

Junior Lucy Meckler said the event promotes community on campus by bringing together different student groups and even students’ families.

“I really like how it brings campus together,” Meckler said. “We have Sigma Chis helping cook in the kitchen. Delta Sigma Phi is helping set up and tear down. The football team is one of our biggest supporters. And many students bring their whole families with them.”

Schupbach said everyone is welcome, and she hopes people from all over campus and their families will come to the fundraiser.