Shooting Sports Center to hold Veterans Day open house

Home City News Shooting Sports Center to hold Veterans Day open house
John A. Halter Shooting Sports Center
September 27, 2018

The John A. Halter Shooting Sports Center will hold a Veterans Day Open House Saturday, Nov. 10. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is open to the public.

“It’s the first time we’ve done something like this,” project manager for marketing accounts Joshua Liebhauser said. “We’re just trying to find new ways to reach out to the local community. We want to strengthen the bond between Hillsdale College and the town.”

Veterans will be able to shoot a free round of trap, skeet, or 5 stand. Veterans who wish to purchase a standard membership will receive $30 off of the full price.

“It’s to honor our veterans,” Spieth said. “Shooting sports is part of our heritage. For service men and women, it’s part of their everyday life.”

The open house will also include tours of the facilities and light refreshments.

“There’s a lot out their and a lot of newer stuff that people aren’t aware of,” Liebhauser said. “The Halter Center has some really impressive facilities. As far as I know, we have the only Olympic shotgun bunker in the state. The shooting clays course has 20 stations and is really cool.”

Liebhauser said he would encourage all members of the community to check out the event.

“I would encourage students to take the intro to shooting sports class or the shotgun class,” Liebhauser said. “I’d encourage faculty, staff, and the community to check out and get a membership.”

Spieth said he hopes the open house will draw attention all the Halter Center has to offer.

“We’re supporting the Hillsdale College mission and providing shooting sports education for anyone and everyone,” Spieth said. “It’s a world class facility. It’s a jewel for Hillsdale College and Hillsdale County.”