Market House introduces grocery pickup service

Home City News Market House introduces grocery pickup service

Market House customers at the Hillsdale and Hudson locations can now order their groceries and have them carried out to their car, all with the send of a text message.

“Text 20,” a curbside pick up service, allows customers to text their grocery list of 20 groceries or less to (517) 234-2020. Within 30 minutes, the groceries are brought to their car for a $4.95 fee. Payable with credit or debit card, this service is available from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Saturday.

According to Market House owner Brett Boyd, this project has been in the works for a little under a year, but has only been up and running for about six months.

Boyd said he understands shoppers sometimes do not have time to run around the grocery store.

“Sometimes you just run out of time to get stuff for dinner or to just get groceries,” he said.

According to Boyd, his initial efforts have gone well.

“We knew it was going to require time for people to get used to it, but it has been gaining in popularity and it has been great for business,” he said.

Market House employee Laura Wilson agreed.

“The business helps a lot of people, especially if they have disabilities,” Wilson said. “It really helps them to not have to leave their car.”

Market House is the only grocery store in Hillsdale that offers such a service.

Walmart in Jonesville allows customers to order items online and pick them up in the store.

A few Kroger locations, including the Kroger on W. Argyle Street in Jackson, offer a “Click list pick up” where customers can shop and pay for their groceries online and have them brought out to their car upon arrival at the store location.

Several Meijer locations are beginning to implement a curbside pick up program, and have intentions to bring it to all locations, but as of now that does not include the nearest Meijer locations in Coldwater and Jackson.

Boyd and the entire Market House team hope the customers take advantage of this wonderful opportunity as they set the path for a new way to grocery shop in Hillsdale.

“Customers are very happy, and they love the convenience,” Boyd said.