Broad Street’s ‘Girls Night Out’ packs Underground

Home City News Broad Street’s ‘Girls Night Out’ packs Underground

Last night at Broad Street Underground, nearly 150 women watched and squealed as the men of Girls Night Out, an all-male dance revue based out of Las Vegas, danced to flashing lights and bass-heavy music.

“I’m single and I want to see… a lot of hot guys!” said Gena, one of the audience members.

Girls Night Out, lead by dancing veteran of 15 years “Cowboy” Brian, consists of men who have performed at various venues on the Las Vegas strip, in groups such as the Chippendales and Thunder Down Under.

Audience members Katie, Josie, Gena, and Tammy all heard about the event through Broad Street’s Facebook page, where it advertises events at the Underground.

According to Underground Entertainment Manager Ryan Hudson, tickets were sold out prior to the performance, but patrons were using the event’s Facebook page to purchase tickets from those missing the performance due to the snow.

“We’re looking to do many kinds of entertainment, and we had a lot of requests from people to have this kind of show,” Hudson said. “They said they wanted an ‘all-male revue.’”

Due to the unexpected success of the event, Broad Street has decided to do another similar show sometime in the future. According to the event’s Facebook page, they are currently in the process of scheduling another performance.

“We had NO idea that this was going to be so popular… So if you missed out this time, don’t wait to buy tickets for the next show,” reads a post on the Facebook page.

Cowboy Brian, who leads the show, said he is excited to perform in Hillsdale, a city he has never visited before but has liked except for the snow. Brian, who greeted women before the show while wearing a black bowtie and cowboy hat, began exotic dancing at age 19 and has earned a nursing degree.

“My friends told me to try out for some local stripping competitions, since they thought I would be good at it, and I won ‘em all,” Brian said. “After earning my degree I danced in Vegas and now I’m here.”

Brian said he had danced in many Las Vegas stripping revues, such as the Chippendales. Girls Night Out reflects the class of the Chippendales, according to Hudson.

“They’re one of the higher-class shows on the Strip,” said Hudson.

According to its website, the group stays fully clothed, a disappointment for some of the event’s Facebook followers, who said, on a post informing them that the men do not completely strip, “I can see guys in jeans for nothing.”

Hudson said he was most excited to see the bar sales, which he hoped would increase due not only to the event but also the “Strip Tease Shot,” specially created for patrons of the event. The shot consists of whipped cream vodka, vanilla, and bubblegum vodka.

“They were coming out and doing dances with us and taking pictures, it was a lot of fun,” audience member Jennifer said.

Her friend Amy said she hopes to attend a Hillsdale event like this again in the future.

“We’re going to buy VIP passes next time,” she said.