We’ll miss you, seniors

Home Opinion We’ll miss you, seniors

It’ll be really sad to see this class of seniors graduate in a little over two weeks.

Most of us have friends in the senior class — whether on sports teams, in campus groups, or fraternities or sororities.

A new freshman class will come in, and this year’s juniors will become the new seniors, but there are a number of things in this class which won’t easily be replaced.

As freshmen, the class of 2015 was the smartest class to ever be admitted to Hillsdale, with an overall GPA of 3.75, and average ACT and SAT scores of 29 and 1980.

If he maintains it in his last week of classes, Matthew O’Sullivan will be the first Hillsdale student to achieve a 4.0 grade point average since 2009. A true tour-de-force at a college that prides itself on continually increasing its rigor and academic prestige.

Moreover, while it is impressive if a single graduation class has one or two triple majors, the class of 2015 has four. In the midst of the final week of classes before finals, no one needs to be told how difficult it is to earn just one major at Hillsdale.

Further, the seniors of the class of 2015 haven’t only excelled in the classroom, but they’ve served as leaders on campus. Outstanding Senior Man and Woman Sam Ryskamp and Shelly Peters were two particular seniors the deans chose to highlight. These outstanding seniors have selflessly served in numerous bible studies and GOAL programs on campus, including at the Renaissance School.

And, the class of 2015 is very athletic. Particularly, cross country and track runner Joshua Mirth has earned three All-American honors in his time at Hillsdale so far, and basketball player Megan Fogt also earned All-American and GLIAC honors.

This class of seniors has been inspiring, insightful, and talented, and they’ve made an indelible mark on the culture of Hillsdale.

Best wishes out there, seniors. We’ll miss you.