Brown broadcasts from Broad Street

Home Sports Brown broadcasts from Broad Street

One of the only places that offers quality sports commentary in Hillsdale is with Andy Brown.  It can be hard to keep up with the college’s sports along with the high school scene.

Good thing Brown has it covered every Wednesday, on “Time Out with Andy Brown.” Now, for the first time ever, the show will air once a month from Broad Street Market and include guests from the Charger athletic program.

If his name isn’t familiar, just Youtube “Time out with Andy Brown” and within seconds his deep voice, charming laugh, and second-to-none knowledge of local sports will give you an understanding on why Brown has supreme authority on anything sports.

Brown has done play-by-play on the radio for football and basketball for Hillsdale High School since he started working with the local radio station 18 years ago.  Brown expanded his broadcasts to the collegiate level in 2001, when he graced Charger fans’ ears for the first time. Brown started his show “Time Out with Andy Brown” in 2009 at WCSR.

Using “Time Out” as a platform, Andy has shared his passion for sports by involving people from the community.  He always has unique guests on the show and allows them to have the experience of being on live radio.

“I want to get as many people involved as possible,” Brown said.

His latest advance to get sports fans involved included changing his broadcasting venue. Mick Ridder, co-owner of Broad Street Market, reached out to Brown with the idea of broadcasting from the bar area.

The first show was a great success. Brown interviewed Hillsdale College football players in the September segment.

“The guys the coaches send me as guests are great,” said Brown, “I had Steven Embry and Steve Harding on the first show at Broad Street, and I mean, wow, what great guys. That’s what I love about doing this.”

Hillsdale College junior Genna Hilgenbrink was also featured during the first part of the show.

Brown wants to continue expanding Hillsdale’s involvement with the show. His weekly show “Time Out” airs Wednesdays at 6 p.m. on 92.1 FM or 1340 AM. Every second Wednesday of the month Brown will be at Broad Street Market. Everyone is welcome to listen to Brown at Broad Street and Brown said he loves to hear from his listeners through Facebook.