Mifsud, Karaba to represent Michigan college football

Home Sports Mifsud, Karaba to represent Michigan college football

Senior quarterback Anthony Mifsud and senior cornerback Ben Karaba will be traveling to Canton, Ohio on April 20 to play in the first Ohio vs. Michigan Football Senior Bowl at the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Fawcett Stadium.

The game is invitation- only and reserved for college seniors who have finished their eligible playing time. This year, the Michigan team consists of 50 players from all three NCAA Divisions.

This is the first year that the game has taken on an Ohio vs. Michigan format. For the past four Senior Bowls, the event has been a Northern v Southern Ohio game.

Mifsud said that the Michigan team is being coached by the Grand Valley State University coaching staff and that the team has been practicing at the Arend D. Lubbers Stadium at GVSU on Sundays since mid-March.

“It’s been a lot of fun getting to know guys that I’ve played against for the past five years,” Mifsud said. “Everyone’s graduating in the next month or graduated in December, so there’s some guys with regular jobs, and some guys who are training for the NFL, and others are just getting ready to take business or teaching jobs. So it’s really unique to talk to everyone. Everyone has a different story, and some of them might end up getting drafted, so I’ll get to say I played with them.”