Police Blotter

Home City News Police Blotter

The following is a list of calls compiled and reported by the Hillsdale County Sheriff’s Department.

Hillsdale City Police Department

Feb. 4

A 37-year-old Reading man was arrested on a bench warrant for child neglect. A $1,035 cash bond was not posted.

Feb. 3

A 59-year-old Hillsdale man was arrested for resisting and obstructing police and for two counts of domestic assault. No bond was allowed.

Feb. 2

A 40-year-old Montgomery man was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, possession of marijuana, and driving with a suspended license. A $3,500 bond with 10 percent allowed was posted.

Feb. 1

A 17-year-old Hillsdale boy was arrested on a felony warrant for operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death, operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing serious injury, operating a vehicle with a suspended/revoked/denied license causing death, operating a vehicle with a suspended/revoked/denied license causing serious injury, and a moving violation causing death. A $121,000 bond with 10 percent allowed

was not posted.

Hillsdale County Sheriff’s Department

Feb. 4

A 23-year-old Jonesville man was arrested for driving with a suspended license and on a bench warrant for failure to appear at the Homer Police Department. A $2,000 bond with 10 percent allowed was posted.

Feb. 3

A 26-year-old Reading man was arrested for assaulting a corrections deputy. No bond was allowed.

Jan. 31

A 35-year-old Hillsdale man was arrested for violating the Sex Offender Registration Act. No bond was allowed.

Jan. 30

A 29-year-old Hillsdale man was arrested on a felony warrant for possession of marijuana and for contributing to child delinquency. A $3,000 bond with 10 percent allowed was posted.

Michigan State Police

Feb. 3

A 49-year-old Hillsdale man was arrested for operating while under the influence of drugs, driving with a suspended license, and resisting and obstructing police. No bond was allowed.

Feb. 1

A 30-year-old Hanover man was arrested for possession of marijuana. A $1,000 bond with 10 percent allowed was posted.

— Compiled by Roxanne Turnbull