Metz introduces new grab and go supplier

Students can choose from a variety of new grab-and-go food options at A.J.’s Cafe, the Roche Sports Complex, Kendall Hall, and Lane Hall.

Starting this semester, 18th Street Deli Market replaced York Street Market as Metz’s partner for grab-and-go items.

Metz retail manager Paul Bowman said the change occurred over the break when York Street Market moved its production facility from central Ohio to New Jersey.

“We wanted someone local to the area, and 18th Street Deli Market is from Detroit,” he said. “They are local, and the food looked great.”

With the new company, the grab-and-go areas have a more extensive food selection including microwavable options. 

“We want to offer a wider variety for the students,” Bowman said. 

Junior Charlie Miggins said he likes the additions.

“I am super happy with the new grab and go,” Miggins said. “I appreciate how there are different food selections than last semester. I definitely will be using more swipes on the grab and go.”

18th Street will provide a revolving selection of food, Bowman said. 

“We have more microwavable options, which is great,” he said. “We will get new selections each week as well. Starting Feb. 5, they’re going to be able to send us mashed potato bowls and other dinner options.”

Bowman added that the overall feedback from the students has been positive, and they are excited to try out the new options each week to see what students enjoy. 

The feedback from the students has become very beneficial to determining the favorites among the students, Bowman said.

“I enjoy having breakfast choices I can grab the night before and warm up in the microwave before I head up the hill,” sophomore Patrick Hamilton said.