Halloween is out, Christmas is in

Halloween is out, Christmas is in

Now that we’ve had our first snowfall — I’m referring to the afternoon dusting on Tuesday — I’m ready to start celebrating Christmas.

I know that might offend a lot of people. We’re supposed to save the Christmas songs and movies, the trees and lights, and all the fun stuff for when it is “truly” the season.

I get it. Everyone wants to save all the special feelings so they don’t get overused. There are only so many songs and if we start playing them in October, no one will want to hear them in December. 

Well, I’ve already watched four Christmas movies this fall.

The excellent women of Benzing Residence started watching them the day after Fall Break. 

I started singing Christmas music in September and have been listening to it in sporadic bursts since. 

I like Christmas, and I believe in the American values of life, liberty, and pursuing happiness by belting Mariah Carey at any point of the year. 

Nobody has to string up lights right after Halloween. But if I do, no one can tell me to take them down. 

I refuse to listen to anyone who tries to condemn my celebration of the savior Jesus’ birth. He came for me in September as well as December. 

Especially when students are away from home, enjoying early Christmas festivities should not be discouraged. 

Everyone has to learn how to deal with homesickness, and Christmas is as homey as you can get. Nothing reminds me of home more than a good Christmas song.  

Missing your family? Enjoy some Michael Buble. Feeling down? Make a gingerbread house. I guarantee immediate stress relief. 

So don’t judge those enjoying some early Christmas celebration. 

It’s cold enough that I don’t feel bad at all about singing “Let It Snow,” though I didn’t feel bad about it when it was sunny either. 

In my opinion, ‘tis the season to celebrate all things Christmas.

Loading