Princeton Review awards Hillsdale with top rankings

Hillsdale College received multiple top five scores in the 2024 edition of the Princeton Review’s Best 389 Colleges, including second place for best college newspaper, friendliest students, most engaged in community service, and most religious. Other rankings include third most conservative students, fourth best counseling and student support services, fifth most loved by students, and tenth for most engaging professors.

“We are grateful for the recognition of our efforts to provide an excellent liberal arts education,” Provost Christopher VanOrman said. “The sense of partnership between students, faculty members, and staff members is what makes Hillsdale College so successful.”

The list of 389 schools includes only 15% of American universities. Close to 165,000 students answered an 85-question survey to create categorical rankings.

“These rankings are a confirmation that a college offering a liberal arts education focused on forming successful, virtuous students and citizens is a place where students can flourish,” VanOrman said.

The Hillsdale Collegian is ranked the second best student paper in the nation, reaching the best ranking in its history with the Princeton Review.

“We just built on what was already an excellent paper,” former editor-in-chief Maggie Hroncich ’23 said. “I was shocked at how many people I recognized in the Wall Street Journal’s office because they had been to Hillsdale for lectures or as visiting Pulliam Fellows.”

Student station WRFH Radio Free Hillsdale 101.7 FM, led by General Manager Scot Bertram, earned twelfth best college radio station.

“Mr. Bertram has done an excellent job at establishing the program’s quality and reputation, and I can only see the station going even further up from here due to his work and the work of the students,” radio production director and junior Megan Pidcock said.