New technology businesses open

New technology businesses open

The City of Hillsdale’s economic development team held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new businesses. Courtesy | Facebook

[EDITOR’S NOTE: This piece has been edited for clarity since publication.]

The city of Hillsdale welcomed Quality PC Repair and Service, Printer Source Plus, and Willis Information Technologies — which goes by WIN — in a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Feb. 22.

All three businesses are located on 37 Waldron St. near downtown Hillsdale. Quality PC Repair focuses on repairing electronics, according to the company’s website. PSP sells affordable and environmentally friendly printing supplies. WIN provides customers with information technology systems, network infrastructure, and cybersecurity services.

New owners Tim and Kimberly Lindley bought Quality PC Repair in November from former owner Larry Burger.

Tim Lindley, a four-year employee of WIN, decided he wanted to work for the company from the Hillsdale area. He came to an agreement with the owners of WIN that would allow him to continue working for the company. WIN would own Quality PC Repair, and Tim and Kimberly Lindley would own and operate the store in Hillsdale.

While WIN remains on Spring Arbor Road in Jackson, Lindley continues to serve the same clients as before, while developing Quality PC Repair in Hillsdale.

Quality PC Repair joined the Hillsdale Business Association to promote its name in the Hillsdale area.

Quality PC Repair also partners with the Hillsdale Area Career Center to offer training as part of a work-study program, according to a City of Hillsdale press release. As a part of the program, interns attend class and spend three days a week gaining practical on-site experience in computer repair, installing networks, and cybersecurity.

“We are hoping to raise up local IT talent,” Kimberly Lindley said.

Joe Sharpe, owner of PSP, said the business offers affordable, environmentally friendly ink and toner cartridges and printers.

“We want to help the Hillsdale community become more earth-friendly,” Sharpe said.

Sustainable technology cuts electricity consumption by up to 85%, according to Sharpe. He said 65% less waste from these printers and cartridges ends up in landfills.

“We are excited to bring this technology to the area as we see sustainability is as important to Hillsdale as it is to us,” Sharpe said.

Lindley said PSP’s printers offer significant cost savings compared to most other printers currently on the market. Unlike laser printers that require heat, she said these ink-jet printers use cold ink, which saves energy and money.

“We want to provide the area with effective IT services and printing supplies,” Lindley said.

Loading