Hillsdale students celebrate first day of classes with cereal bar

The Student Activities Board will kick off the semester with its first event Wednesday, Jan. 18: a late night cereal bar. 

From 8:00 to 10:00 p.m., students can stop by the Student Activities Office in the Grewcock Student Union and grab a bowl of cereal.

Madelyn Clark, director of Student Activities, said the late night cereal bar has become a Hillsdale tradition in the last few years.

“It started in 2020, but, prior to that, it was Late Night Breakfast which originated in 2015 or 2016,” Clark said.

SAB expects a lot of students to stop by. 

“We expect between 200-300 students to come,” said Katie Weis, an event leader for SAB.

Students will be able to pick from a large selection of different cereal and milk options. 

Weis said SAB is also providing alternative options for any students that might have allergies.

“There will be Gluten-Free cereals and non-Dairy milks provided as well,” she said.

Some of the cereals will include Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cocoa Puffs.

Phoebe VanHeyningen, creative team member for SAB, said it is a great way to begin the semester.

“It’s a great way to start the semester off with friends,” she said. “It’s such an odd event that seems sort of spontaneous, just like a lot of memorable college experiences. Ultimately, it’s a good way to celebrate the end of the first day of classes and ring in the spring semester.”

Loading