Focus on fall with five Hillsdale coffees

Home Study Break Focus on fall with five Hillsdale coffees

Whether you’re new on campus, or you’ve lived in Hillsdale for decades, it’s not hard to notice the collection of coffee shops that are sprinkled throughout town

Here are five unique fall drinks that will satisfy your autumnal coffee – or tea – craving.

1. Butterscotch Latte from Biggby Coffee
Biggby’s Butterscotch Latte is a drive-favorite. | Hannah Cote

Ranked number 5 on the list is the butterscotch iced latte from Biggby Coffee. For a flavorful dairy-free twist on the drink, order the latte with oat milk, which perfectly complements the butterscotch flavoring. Either way, this cold drink is ideal for sunny autumn days, so grab it while you can before Michigan turns gray!

1. Hazelnut French Soda from Penny’s
Penny’s Hazelnut French Soda aids a European flair to the fall. | Hannah Cote

Up next is the hazelnut French soda from Penny’s. The drink’s ice, sparkling water, half-and-half, and hazelnut syrup makes for a sweet and nutty treat. The French soda also comes in multiple flavors, so you can try a different drink every time you visit Penny’s. 

1. Salted Caramel Mocha from Checker Records
Checker Records’ Salted Caramel Mocha blends sea salt and espresso. | Hannah Cote

Although we’re getting closer to a pumpkin spiced latte-esque drink, the salted caramel mocha from Checker Records is far from basic. The rich chocolate is swirled with sea salt caramel, and the addition of an extra espresso shot is a great  balance to the sweetness.

1. S’mores Frappuccino from Jilly Beans
Jilly Beans’ S’mores Frappuccino will bring you back to your favorite bonfire memories. | Hannah Cote

A Frappuccino? Really? The answer is ‘yes!’ because Jilly Beans’ s’mores Frappuccino combines chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers effortlessly into one frozen drink. The added whipped cream and chocolate drizzle brings back fall bonfire memories. 

1. Chai from Rough Draft
Rough Draft’s Chai Latte uses a special homemade recipe. | Hannah Cote

Our final fall drink is Rough Drafts’ chai latte. Now before you complain about the drink’s unoriginality, this chai is ranked number 1 because of its flavor and versatility. Rough Draft doesn’t just drop a chai tea bag in your latte, but instead uses their own homemade recipe. They offer a variety of chai, including a hot chai latte, a dirty chai, or an iced chai.

As the weather cools and winter approaches, it is the perfect time to grab your flannels, friends and cable-knit sweaters and head out for a Hillsdale fall coffee crawl.