Senior party Friday

Home News Senior party Friday
Senior party Friday

800px-Balloon_arch
Wikimedia Commons | Courtesy
The class of 2016’s senior party is scheduled for Friday at the McCall Center.

With graduation mere months away, job applications, college credits, and networking fall to the front of seniors’ minds. This Friday beginning at 9 p.m., however, Hillsdale senior class officers offer senior students the perfect study break.
The class party, named “Let’s get down to business,” will feature music, dancing, games, and a photobooth at the McCall Center on W. Carleton Ave.
“It’s going to be so much fun,” class Secretary Lucia Rothhaas said. “I think it’s great that we can all get together as a class and celebrate the four years we’ve had.”
Finger food catered by Broadstreet and three free drink tickets will also be provided. Students can choose from beer, hard cider, and Tom Collins, a drink consisting of gin, sprite, and sours.
“It’s honestly very good. It tastes like lemonade,” class Vice President Mark LaPrairie said.
The party is not all fun and games. The event also gives attending students the chance to vote for the outstanding senior man and woman, outstanding professor of the year, and the senior class memento.
“In years past, they have just done T-shirts. So we are putting it up for a vote whether or not it’s going to be a T-shirt again,” LaPrairie said. “But we are kind of hoping people will throw in some cool ideas.”
Senior class President Nick Brown said this is the first event of the year put together strictly with seniors in mind.
“We’re not there to take your money. We’re not there to steal your time,” Brown said. “We really want it to be an opportunity for seniors to get together and celebrate the work that we’ve done and just have fun.”
In preparation for graduation, Brown said this event gives students a good chance to reflect on their time at Hillsdale.
“It’s time to begin to review where we started four years ago and to prepare for what’s about to happen in a few short months, because our lives are about to change a whole lot,” Brown said. “I think this is just the beginning of a celebration.”