Campus Rec to host IM Games

Home News Campus Rec to host IM Games

Hillsdale’s award-winning intramural sports program splashes back to campus this year with the IM Games.

This year’s inaugural IM Games on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. is free to students and will feature a 12-feet-by-75-feet slip-n-slide, soaked with thousands of gallons of water courtesy of the Hillsdale Fire Department.

The games will also include a bouncy house obstacle course, a mini golf course, sand volleyball, corn hole, can jam, and a cookout lunch.

Hillsdale Campus Rec’s IM program ranked among the best in the nation by BestColleges.com. This year’s IM program will be even better, according to co-directors junior Isaac Dell and senior Elizabeth Thistleton.

IM offers weekly leagues for several sports, but Thistleton emphasizes IM is not just for competitive athletes who want an ongoing activity. There are also one-day events that promote social interaction as well as physical activity. The organization offered many unique opportunities, including a winter Zombie run, which, in spite of the cold, snowy weather, attracted over 100 students.

New additions to the schedule include intramural soccer, beach volleyball, and frisbee golf.

This year’s Campus Rec campaign for IM is “Hit the Quad,” Dell said, adding students can use the hashtag “#hitthequad” to follow the fun.

The theme encourages students, professors, and staff in “developing healthy minds and bodies.”

“Even if you have never played a sport before, you could find an activity you really love,” Thistleton said. “It is a great way to make friends and be active — do it and you’re cool!”