Hillsdale alumnus Scott Lantis goes to Super Bowl with Broncos

Home Sports Hillsdale alumnus Scott Lantis goes to Super Bowl with Broncos

CZnbtMjWwAEIYV8

Scott Lantis ‘13 is living his childhood dream by working for the NFL’s Denver Broncos.
As Coordinator of Special Events and Promotion, Lantis works directly with media for events like player appearances and any other promotion that involves the Broncos organization. Lantis also keeps in constant communication with popular local stations including the Denver Post and Channel 9 News.
Following his graduation, Lantis was one of five out of more than a thousand applicants that received an internship with the Denver Broncos. He said that securing the internship was influenced by a Hillsdale alumnus Tom Heckert ’91, who works as the director of professional per­sonnel for the Broncos. After two months of working on the internship, Lantis applied and landed his current position in the marketing department.
“It was very, very fortunate and I am blessed and thankful that it all worked out this way by God’s grace,” Lantis said.
He credits his education at Hillsdale College as a crucial part of his success. A marketing/management major, Lantis said that both the business curriculum and the core at Hillsdale prepared him for the business and corporate world.
“When I think of the Great Books, studying the Constitution or American Heritage, I think a lot of those things shaped some of the intangibles that I hold on to,” Lantis said.
Lantis also said that because of the core curriculum and rigor of Hillsdale, he possesses the ability to effectively communicate with everyone in the professional world.  He said that he firmly believes that his Hillsdale education has been key to his success.
Lantis mentioned Professor of Business Law Robert Blackstock’s classes as a great influence.
“The class, Readings in Power, Leadership, and Responsibility, had a profound impact on my development as a young business professional,” Lantis said.
Lantis said he was an avid fan of football and baseball from an early age. One of his childhood heroes was John Elway, the Hall of Fame Broncos quarterback. His love of sports led him to Hillsdale where he played both baseball and football.
Lantis’ siblings, Kendra and Kelsey Lantis, expressed their excitement for their brother. The two, currently freshmen at Hillsdale College, commented on how amazing his position is. They also said they remember Scott’s success as a Charger, especially on the baseball diamond.
Both Kendra and Kelsey attended last week’s AFC Championship Game.  Because of Scott’s position with the Broncos, they went onto the field during warm-ups and were close to several elite NFL players.
“The whole experience was pretty unreal,” Kendra said.
Super Bowl 50, which features the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos, will take place this Sunday night. Lantis will be present and he said that he has heard from the “football side of affairs” that the Broncos are well prepared to face the Panthers.  Lantis said that he thinks the Broncos will be able to pick up the final win of the NFL season.