Student Federation swears in new members, conducts elections

Home News Student Federation swears in new members, conducts elections
Student Federation crest
Courtesy | Student Federation

The Student Federation swore in new members and conducted elections for committees in its first meeting of the year on Jan. 27.

Federation president and junior Thomas MacPhee said he is optimistic for the coming year.

“I am very confident that it is going to be a very good federation,” MacPhee said.

The amount in the federation’s discretionary budget has yet to be determined, according to treasurer and junior Regina Gravrok. The federation also decided to forgo the election of a sergeant-at-arms until a later time. Residence Life Coordinator Rachel Marinko will serve as staff adviser to the federation.

New member and sophomore Emma De Nooy said she is thankful to be a part of  the federation.

“I’m excited to have the opportunity to serve campus, especially on the finance committee,” De Nooy said. “I think my fellow representatives will make it a very good experience.”

Federation vice president and junior Anthony Iatropoulos said he is looking forward to another year of serving the student body as a representative. 

“The Student Federation is going to serve the student body this year by enacting ideas that reflect all Hillsdale students’ interests,” Iatropoulos said. “I see a very effective team and a lot of great ideas that will come to action.”

In the upcoming meeting, the federation will consider the provisional status of the Yoga Club. It will also consider the addition of a cryptocurrency club to the roster of official campus clubs. 

The next Student Federation meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Feb. 10 in the Formal Lounge.