Stu­dents find many food hacks at Knorr Dining Hall | COURTESY Michael Bachmann

Tater tots, American cheese, feta, may­on­naise, and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – this is my favorite SAGA concoction. 

The mayo and hot sauce seep into the cracks of the tater tot to create the perfect, muddled texture. The American and feta cheese combine to create the perfect amount of pungent odor one would expect from even the finest French creamery. 

My favorite SAGA meal isn’t for everyone — but, it isn’t meant for them, it’s meant for me. Odd SAGA addic­tions are what make life worth living on this campus

“I do, in fact, love the honey sriracha sauce. I put it on almost every­thing that I eat from Saga, including French fries, tater tots, and on every sandwich that I make. I will even — some­times — dip my burgers into it. So, basi­cally, it is the best condiment at saga, and this is coming from someone who has been a ketchup stan their entire life. So, even ketchup has to do some catching up in order to compete with the honey sriracha sauce.” Frankie Vitale ‘22

“My per­sonal favorite is couscous. This may seem sur­prising, but it’s actually really, really great. Some­thing about them — they’re little pearls of joy. Usually there’s a high amount of cilantro involved, and I’m not sure what that’s about, but I don’t have the gene where cilantro tastes like soap, so I really enjoy it. For everyone else who does have that gene, I’m sorry. I don’t really know what it is about the texture of the couscous, but it’s def­i­nitely weird. Think like boba, but no liquid. It’s just chewy, little circus spheres. They’re so good — some­times it’s a weird color but always good.” Phoebe Johnston-Hoffman ‘24

“I was having trouble finding things that I really like eating in saga, and all that changed one day. I started putting feta on every­thing I’ve ever eaten. I started with just a little plate of lettuce because I couldn’t find any­thing else that I wanted to consume with the lettuce. So it was lettuce and feta, and it was strangely deli­cious, so then I thought, ‘Maybe every­thing is deli­cious with feta.’ And so then I put on fries and then tater tots and then a whole chicken breast covered in feta. Once, I even chomped down on a feta and cream cheese bagel. I would rec­ommend people put it on lit­erally every­thing. If you don’t agree with me, you’re going to hell.” Jillian Parks ‘25

Con­coc­tions