The Col­legian is Hillsdale College’s weekly student news­paper. The paper delivers local, campus, and national news that is written, pho­tographed, and videoed by Hillsdale stu­dents. The Col­legian is the oldest college news­paper in Michigan.

The college has pro­duced a student news­paper since 1876, when the Hillsdale Herald was first pub­lished. The Col­legian was started as a rival paper in 1893, and in 1896, the two papers merged becoming the Herald-Col­legian. Even­tually Herald was dropped, giving the paper the name it’s known by today, the Hillsdale Col­legian.

The Col­legian seeks to follow the highest standard of jour­nal­istic ethics and produce top quality stories. As a result of the paper’s con­sistent drive for excel­lence, it has won mul­tiple Michigan Press Asso­ci­ation Awards in the last few years, including General Excel­lence in 2011, and best College Weekly in 2016.

The paper’s writers have gone on to write for the Wall Street Journal, The Express, Fox News, ESPN, National Review, Daily Beast, Politico, Nashville Public Radio, National ReviewThe Wash­ington TimesThe Wash­ington Examiner, The Daily, Con­gres­sional Quar­terly, The Daily Caller, The Hill, and more.

The Col­legian rec­ognize that the paper is a training ground for jour­nalists as well as a service to the Hillsdale campus, alumni com­munity, and friends and sup­porters of the college.

The Col­legian is affil­iated with WRFH Radio Free Hillsdale, which was launched by Hillsdale College in 2015 as a way to give stu­dents oppor­tu­nities in radio hosting and pro­duction. It can be heard in the area sur­rounding Hillsdale, Michigian at 101.7 FM.

For more infor­mation you can contact us or