Adele doesn’t write break-up songs. She gives her audience anthems to proclaim.

The dif­ference lies in her delivery. While most break up songs straddle between the blatant accep­tance and unavoidable with­drawal of losing someone, Adele is firm in her con­fi­dence, acknowl­edging her sorrow but rising above and beyond it with her sound and lyrics.

On Oct. 15, Adele released “Easy On Me,” the single pre­ceding her long-awaited album, “30.”

Long-awaited because this album was set to release three years ago when Adele turned 30, not 33.

“I was cer­tainly nowhere near where I’d hoped to be when I first started it nearly 3 years ago,” Adele wrote in her Instagram post.

Even though “30” won’t release until Nov. 19, “Easy On Me” has already broken a record, becoming the most-streamed song in a single day on Spotify with 24 million global streams. Her record breaks the pre­vious one held by BTS’ song “Butter” which had 21 million streams just five months ago.

Fans haven’t heard from Adele since her last album six years ago, but this response reveals an over­whelming admi­ration for the forceful singer. They’re not here for some­thing new, nec­es­sarily. They’re here for Adele.

She’s stayed true to her sound — singing alongside her baby grand piano — and yet she sings with more power and more rawness than ever before. Her vibrato is forceful, her belting is unpar­al­leled, and an authen­ticity underlies each lyric.

At first, Adele’s plea to go easy on her seems childish. The purpose and premise of this song is Adele’s divorce — in her six-year absence of pro­ducing music, Adele married, gave birth to a child, and divorced.

But her request is not just a pro­posed bargain for ease:

“Go easy on me, baby / I was still a child.”

In her 2015 hit “Send My Love,”Adele sang to an ex, “Send my love to your new lover / We both know we ain’t kids no more.” These lyrics sting with the pain of leaving every­thing behind. Adele is not a kid anymore, and has no time for this relationship.

But the tone of “Easy On Me” is far from stinging — it’s a sor­rowful sinking of under­standing that nobody is perfect. Adele admits that she was a child in her past rela­tionship, and didn’t under­stand herself fully. But she doesn’t request to be excused of all fault. Instead, she begs that the weight of this past rela­tionship lifts off her shoulders because she can’t bear it anymore. Afterall, she was only a child:

“I know there is hope in these waters / But I can’t bring myself to swim.”

Adele owns up to her actions and asks for for­giveness. She cries out with the same heart­break, pain, and affection that you would expect to find in any song about an ex, but she delivers her message in a soulful ballad of raw hope.

Now, she’s in a season of recovery, pro­cessing her emo­tions in song, the only way she knows how.

“I’ve learned a lot of blis­tering home truths about myself along the way,” Adele con­tinues in her Instagram post. “I’ve shed many layers but also wrapped myself in new ones. Dis­covered gen­uinely useful and wholesome men­tal­ities to lead with, and I feel like I’ve finally found my feeling again. I’d go as far as to say that I’ve never felt more peaceful in my life.”

Though once stuck in the trenches of heartache and loss, Adele has emerged in honesty, not travesty. Some breakup songs jab at rela­tion­ships, the lover, or the ex, but all Adele wants from both her ex-husband and her son is patience. She reminds her audience that giving up on a rela­tionship is not always the easy way out, and not always a failure.

“I’ve painstak­ingly rebuilt my house and my heart since then and this album nar­rates it,” Adele writes. “Home is where the heart is.”

Adele’s heart is in this album, and she’s found her voice again.