St. Anthony’s to hold high tea party

Home City News St. Anthony’s to hold high tea party
St. Anthony’s to hold high tea party
St. Anthony’s Catholic Church in Hillsdale.
Courtesy | Facebook

It’s hats off to this old English high tea party — the tea is piping hot, there’s a three-course meal, and hats are optional. 

Next Sunday, Oct. 3, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., St. Anthony’s Catholic Church is hosting a high tea party. Tickets are $8 per person and $25 per family. 

This high tea party, thrown in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is the second tea party that St. Anthony’s has thrown, their first one being in 2019. 

“With the isolation of COVID-19, it’s important to start getting our lives back to normal,” said Sarah Stewart, a member of the Council of Catholic Women. “We believe that coming to the high tea party with friends, family, or even having a date with your significant other or spouse is just what everyone needs.”

In 2019, St. Anthony’s held a regular tea party, but this year they specifically chose to host a ‘high tea’ party. 

“Both serve tea & food items such as: ‘small bites,’ tea sandwiches, & sweets,” said Palmer Giron, a member of the Council of Catholic Women. “A high tea is held later in the day & is a more substantial meal. Our tea will be a hybrid of these.”

The women of St. Anthony’s Council of Catholic Women are organizing the event, and will be offering multiple types of tea, three courses of food, including nearly 10 different varieties. 

“They are designing the tables with beautiful linens, china, flowers, and of course, lots and lots of yummy food,” Stewart said. “Believe me, no one will walk away hungry.”