Babylon Bee Editor, Kyle Mann | Col­legian Archives

Kyle Mann, editor-in-chief of the Babylon Bee, will speak in Plaster Audi­torium at 8 p.m. tonight as a guest of the Dow Jour­nalism Program.

The Babylon Bee is a Christian satire news site that pokes fun at current events.

“Satire rarely takes a position — it makes fun of things and decon­structs them,” Mann said in a recent tweet.

Recent Bee head­lines involving pol­itics include “Pelosi Calls for Impeachment of Ronald Reagan,” and “Ron DeSantis Says Teachers Who Ask Kids To Wear Masks Will Be Thrown Into Gator Pond.” 

The Bee also pokes fun at Christian culture, with head­lines, such as “Man Struck Dead After Rating Bible App Just 4 Stars.” 

Mann’s talk is called “The Art of Satire in a Humorless World.” The event is open to the public. 

“I love the Bee. I think they’re very funny and do a great job of poking fun at them­selves and the people that follow them as well as their oppo­nents,” junior Erin Collins said. “They help find humor in even the worst sit­u­a­tions but also do a great job of knowing where the line is.”

“I could not be happier that [the Bee] is coming to campus,” she said. “I’m so excited to hear Kyle Mann talk.” 

She said her family was jealous they could not attend. 

Sophomore Paige Conway expressed similar sen­ti­ments saying that she was excited the Bee is coming to campus.

“I like how the Bee is not afraid to mock main­stream news while being light and enter­taining,” she said.