Senior officers from the Class of 2019 and Class of 2020 pose at the Junior Legacy Dinner. Ryan Murphy | Courtesy

The class of 2022 is invited to attend the annual Junior Class Legacy Dinner on April 12 at 6 p.m. 

The event, hosted by career ser­vices office and the 1844 Society, first began in 2018 and returns after a one-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pan­demic last spring.The two-year gap has allowed career ser­vices and 1844 to expand the evening’s pro­gramming in some ways, according to Hadiah Ritchey, project manager for career services. 

“The main dif­ference this year is that the senior officers and Legacy Board members will be announced at the dinner,” Ritchey said.

In addition to finding out their class officers, juniors who attend can look forward to hearing from several speakers and enjoying plenty of food. 

“The juniors should expect to arrive for a short cocktail hour, fol­lowed by a few words from the current class pres­ident, and then a full dinner,” Ritchey said. “Toward the end is when the posi­tions will be announced.”

This year’s keynote speaker is Mark Kalthoff, pro­fessor and chairman of history. 

“This should be really special because he’s a Hillsdale alum, he was a triple major, and a bas­ketball player,” Ritchey said. 

The careers ser­vices office has also part­nered with the alumni office to plan the event. Fiona Shea, assistant director for the department of student and young alumni pro­grams, says com­munity will be the focus of this year’s speeches.

“I highly encourage juniors to come,” Shea said. “It’s a great time to gather together and have a nice dinner. They’ll start to talk more about what it means to leave a legacy at Hillsdale. It’s great to get pre­pared and reflect on legacy as a class for the first time.”

Shea also rec­og­nized the ben­efits of the event’s year-long hiatus. 

“We’re really excited to bring a new energy to it this year,” Shea said.