The Hunt Club is open again.

The Hunt Club shut down Oct. 22 to Oct. 30, when its manager Terri White and her fiancé Dan Stevens tested pos­itive for COVID-19. 

Stevens said he felt feverish on the night of Sunday, Oct. 18, after a busy parents’ weekend at Hillsdale College, and came down with a dry cough on Monday, Oct. 19. Both White and Stevens decided to get tested just in case, and their tests came back pos­itive Thursday, Oct. 22. 

White decided to shut The Hunt Club down tem­porarily as they assessed the health of their employees. 

“We told all our employees to get tested and we will reopen as soon as we have enough neg­ative tests to run the restaurant,” White said. 

After all the employees were tested, only two came back pos­itive. Those two had not had any over­lapping shifts with White or Stevens, so she spec­u­lates that the virus came in through at least two dif­ferent sources. 

While the restaurant was closed, White said, they scoured every surface with antibac­terial scrub, from table legs and windows to floors and lighting fix­tures. 

“Even before the shutdown, we are always really diligent about wearing masks and san­i­tizing things,” White said.  “Every time a new table comes in, we do pens, menus, tables, every­thing.” 

Though The Hunt Club was only closed for ten days, White said she fears her clientele does not know that they have reopened. 

Waitress Eliz­abeth Magana said rumors have been going around since the first day they were closed about the duration of the shutdown. Magana was neg­ative when White requested all the employees get tested. She spent her 10 days off vis­iting an Amish com­munity in Ohio. 

Since she got back to work Oct. 30, she said that the decrease in clientele due to the tem­porary closing has affected her tips. 

“I nor­mally make my money during lunch,” she said, ges­turing to a restaurant devoid of people. She said they would nor­mally be much busier at noon on a Monday. 

White is happy to have her doors open again, she said. She hopes her patrons come back soon. 

“We appre­ciate the community’s under­standing and patronage,” White said. 

“It’s just one of those hor­rible things that happen, and we want to make sure that we aren’t respon­sible for spreading it.”