Vol­un­teers from Hillsdale College trav­elled to Flint, Michigan, to clean up the grounds near aban­doned homes, during the spring break mission trip in 2017. Hans Noyes | Courtesy

Inter­Varsity will be leading a mis­sions trip in Detroit and the town of Hillsdale over Spring Break. 

“The Spring Break Mis­sions Trip is a great way to spend spring break because it’s a time of living out the Christian faith alongside your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ,” event coor­di­nator and adver­tiser Andy Walker said.” Working on the same projects, sharing meals, devo­tions, and each other’s stories connect you with those in your group in a unique and deeply Christ-cen­tered way that builds lasting rela­tion­ships.”

After six years, Inter­Varsity con­tinues to bring stu­dents into the com­munity of Hillsdale to help spread the word of God. The group serves the com­munity regardless of Christian denom­i­nation. 

The central goal of the mis­sions trip is to be the hands, feet, and heart of Jesus to a com­munity that so des­per­ately longs for and needs it, according to junior Car­oline Walker who will be attending the trip. 

“I’m not just talking about the city of Hillsdale, but also us, the stu­dents,” she said. “The mis­sions trip is struc­tured to encourage growth toward under­standing and falling in love with the heart of Jesus and to demon­strate the love and beauty dis­covered there to our fellow stu­dents and to the world around us.” 

In addition to being a time of gath­ering with fellow believers, stu­dents who par­tic­ipate can earn HTA hours towards vol­unteer require­ments.  

Stu­dents begin serving the night of March 6 and are fin­ished on the morning of March 12.