Lauren Daf­fenberg made four threes and scored 16 points in Sat­ur­day’s loss. (S. Nathaniel Grime | Col­legian)

The Hillsdale College Chargers fell to 3 – 12 in the G‑MAC and 6 – 18 overall after losing to Tiffin Uni­versity last Thursday, 80 – 73. The Chargers’ final home game of the season is tonight at 5:30 p.m. against Cedarville Uni­versity before Hillsdale closes its season with two games on the road.

Against Tiffin, a slow start offen­sively for the Chargers gave the Dragons an early edge in the first quarter that they didn’t relin­quish for the rest of the game, despite the score remaining close.

The Dragons outscored the Chargers in the first quarter 18 – 11, and out­re­bounded Hillsdale in the quarter, 10 – 6. The last three quarters each team scored 62 points. The Dragons out­re­bounded the Chargers overall, 42 – 31.

Sophomore guard Grace Touchette led the Chargers with 24 points, her sixth straight game with at least 10 points. In five of those games she scored at least 18 points.

Touchette shot 10 for 16 from the field overall and made two of five three-point attempts. She also had a team-high four assists and two steals.

Junior guard Jaycie Burger scored 16 points, her most in a single game since Jan. 2. She did so effi­ciently, going 5 for 8 from the floor, 2 for 4 from behind the three-point line, and 4 for 5 at the free throw line.

Senior guard Sydney Anderson scored 10 points, her sixth straight game scoring in double digits. 

A pair of Chargers came off the bench to make an impact in the scoring column. Freshman forward Sydney Mills played 23 minutes and scored 5 points with 5 rebounds. Three of her points came from the free throw line.

Freshman center Kennedy Pratt scored 7 points, her most in a game since Dec. 14. She went 3 for 7 from the floor and also had three rebounds.

The Chargers host Cedarville tonight in their regular-season home finale. They then travel to Pepper Pike, Ohio, to play Ursuline College on Sat­urday before wrapping up their regular season next weekend on the road against the Uni­versity of Findlay.

Cedarville is the final G‑MAC team the Chargers haven’t played yet this season. Hillsdale lost to Ursuline at home earlier in January and defeated Findlay at home in December.

Previous articleChargers prepare for G‑MAC Championship
Next articleHillsdale swimmers win G‑MAC Championship
Avatar
Nathan is a junior at Hillsdale College studying Rhetoric and Public Address and Journalism. He is Sports Editor and beat reporter for the Football, Women's Basketball, and Baseball teams for the Hillsdale Collegian. When he's not watching or writing about sports, Nathan enjoys playing organ and singing. Originally from St. Louis Missouri, Nathan now lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can follow Nathan on twitter @nategrime or Hillsdale Collegian Sports at @HDaleSports.