Joanna Wisely | Courtesy

On Thursday, Feb. 13th, Career Ser­vices will be hosting its 12th annual Clas­sical School Job Fair from 11 to 4 p.m. in the Searle Center. 46 clas­sical schools from 22 states and Wash­ington, D.C. will be in atten­dance, 14 of which are part of the Barney Charter program. 

Each school will be accepting resumes from grad­u­ating Hillsdale College Stu­dents. On the Friday fol­lowing the fair, schools will be inviting stu­dents back for inter­views which will be con­ducted on campus. Posi­tions the schools look to fill range from teachers to mar­keting spe­cialists. 

Stu­dents should come in business casual attire with a resume pre­pared. Under­classmen are encouraged to attend the fair to build a rela­tionship with the schools upon grad­u­ation. Of Hillsdale College grad­uates, approx­i­mately 12 – 14% will go directly into a teaching position. 

Ronald Fink will be in atten­dance to rep­resent the Founders Academy of Las Vegas.

“Founders Clas­sical Academy of Las Vegas trea­sures its rela­tionship with Hillsdale College’s Barney Charter School Ini­tiative,” Fink said in an email. “We look forward to inviting addi­tional Hillsdale grads to Las Vegas to share our mission to bring a rig­orous clas­sical edu­cation to public edu­cation stu­dents.” 

“If stu­dents have any ques­tions they can come to career ser­vices. Career ser­vices will be printing resumes on resume paper for free,” Joanna Wiseley, Director of Career Ser­vices said, “If stu­dents need a resume review, our career coaches can cer­tainly do that.”