Kappa Kappa Gamma is starting a newsletter for alumnae Facebook | Col­legian

The Hillsdale chapter of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority will send out the first edition of their digital newsletter later this month in order to connect with their alumnae and campus.

Junior Taylor Dick­erson, Kappa Kappa Gamma pres­ident, said the newsletter will come out monthly and be named “Katch up with Kappa.” Dick­erson said she plans to link the newsletter in the bi-weekly Student Activ­ities Office email as well as send it out directly to their alumnae.

Claire Froman, Kappa’s alumni rela­tions chair, said that the newsletter will help keep alumnae more involved in the sorority. According to Froman, alumnae had expressed interest in finding a way to keep up to date with events and hap­penings in the house.

“We have so many awesome alumnae and they love Kappa so much,” Froman said. “We want them to have some sort of con­nection and be able to return and feel like they still have a part in the house.”

Chi Omega also has a quar­terly alumni newsletter called the “Rho Gamma Recap.” 

Con­necting with alumnae has recently been a pri­ority in Kappa Kappa Gamma. Dick­erson created the position of alumni rela­tions chair last year while she was trea­surer and filled both roles before becoming pres­ident.

While main­taining contact with alumnae is one purpose of the newsletter, Dick­erson said she also wants to use the newsletter to connect with campus.

“It’s a good way to get the campus involved in Kappa because I think that’s some­thing we have struggled with. Opening our house to campus, that’s what we’re focusing on during my Pres­i­dency,” Dick­erson said.

Natalie Kent, public rela­tions chair for Kappa Kappa Gamma, will be in charge of col­lecting pic­tures for the newsletter. Kent said that the newsletter will high­light the work the chapter does for the children’s lit­erary non­profit “Reading is Fun­da­mental.”

“A big part of why I joined Kappa was because of the phil­an­thropy, and I think that’s a really great way that Hillsdale is involved in the com­munity around us,” Kent said.