The Tower Dancers will perform a showcase of student dances, vis­iting dancers on Sat­urday at 8 p.m. | Courtesy

Rather than per­forming their annual mini Nut­cracker, the Tower Dancers have put together a showcase concert this December fea­turing themes of fantasy, nos­talgia, and human con­nection, and a dec­o­rative holiday dance.

On Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. the Towers Dancers will perform their first annual showcase concert with special guests from Jodie Ran­dolph Dance and guest artist Sean Hoskins, high­lighting student chore­o­g­ra­phers, student per­formers, as well as faculty and guest per­for­mances. Admission is free and requires no tickets.

Holly Hobbs, assistant pro­fessor of dance, has directed a new outline for the fall show.

“Our program is growing and the stu­dents are seeking more oppor­tu­nities to perform,” Hobbs said. “We want to provide that to the stu­dents, and are also excited about the dancers per­forming on the same stage as a pro­fes­sional dance company, just to give them more exposure and expe­rience.”

Sophomore and dance minor Chloe Kersey said in an email that she is excited about the change in pro­gramming.

“This change will push the dancers of our company to interact with more pieces and chore­o­g­ra­phers with a quicker turn­around,” Kersey said. “We are inviting the audience to grow with us and expe­rience more dance than in years past.”

The show will feature one ballet piece, one modern piece, two solos chore­o­graphed and per­formed by faculty, three student works, and one Jodie Ran­dolph Dance per­for­mance.

“There is diversity in pro­gramming that we are all excited to bring to campus,” Kersey said. “It’s novelty in a dif­ferent way.”