Rep­re­sen­ta­tives from local non­profits who par­tic­i­pated in the Hillsdale County Com­munity Foun­da­tion’s “The Great Give” in 2018. | Facebook

The Hillsdale County Com­munity Foun­dation will be joined by eight local non­profits for “The Great Give” on Dec. 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This year’s Great Give cel­e­brates the global gen­erosity movement “Giv­ingTuesday” and gives members of the county an oppor­tunity to give dona­tions to HCCF and the other non­profits. 

Christie Campbell, the exec­utive director of Child Abuse Pre­vention and Awareness of Hillsdale County, said she looks forward to this event every year.  

“It’s lit­erally my favorite day of the year,” Campbell said. “I get to see everyone in the com­munity sup­porting one another. It’s so much fun to see all of the non­profits support one another and cheer one another on.” 

HCCF Mar­keting and Youth Program Officer Caitlin Clark said the eight local non­profits include: Alpha Omega Care Center, CAPA, Court Appointed Special Advo­cates, Domestic Harmony, Greater Hillsdale Humane Society, Hillsdale County Senior Ser­vices Center, Hospice of Hillsdale, and St. Peter’s Free Clinic. 

This will be Clark’s first year helping out with The Great Give, but she said she is excited to get to interact with other local non­profits. 

“It’s a good oppor­tunity to have all of the agencies under the same roof,” Clark said. “It’s an awesome activity, and it’ll be fun to see it all come together after all of the hard work.” 

Clark added that she enjoys working for HCCF because of its “mission and purpose.” 

“It’s cool to hear stories from people in the com­munity because they know the foun­dation and know what we do,” Clark said. 

Campbell said she is grateful for the oppor­tunity to meet people who donate to CAPA. 

“It’s nice to put a face to a name to somebody who had donated to us in the past and tell them ‘Thank you,’” Campbell said. 

Clark, who is orig­i­nally from Jackson, Michigan, said she appre­ciates working in a smaller com­munity and watching all of the orga­ni­za­tions work together. 

“Everyone sup­ports one another and wants the best for Hillsdale,” Clark said.