The Love INC. office of Hillsdale County. Courtesy | Jessica Hurley Fawley

Local non­profit Love in the Name of Christ will host its sec­on­dannual Fall Fes­tival of Love on Sat­urday, Oct. 5 at Johnny T’s Bistro. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the night will include dinner, a silent auction, and a per­for­mance by comedian Tim Chappell. Early bird tickets are being sold for $40 each or $70 for a pair until the evening of Oct. 4. They can be pur­chased in the Love INC. office located at 55 Barry St. or by calling (517) 253‑5299. Tickets will also be available at the door for $50 each. 

“It went well last year. We made a little over $6,000 last year,” clear­ing­house coor­di­nator Jessica Hurley Fawley said. “We def­i­nitely want to increase that number.”

According to Fawley, there are cur­rently 54 auction items available with an esti­mated total value of $7,000, from which Love INC. hopes to earn at least $4,500. Last year they raised $3,200 from action items valued at $6,250. 

“This branch has been five years in the making,” Fawley said. “We just started our clear­ing­house office in May. Our goal is to raise funds to cover our resources and admin­is­tration costs and expand out network.”

Chappell is returning to Hillsdale after his per­for­mance at Love INC.’s first Fall Fes­tival of Love last year. According to Love INC’s Facebook page, Chappel is a well-known comedian who has traveled all over the world and per­formed alongside Tim Allen, Jeff Fox­worthy, and Al Ernst. 

Prizes in the silent auction include gift baskets from local churches, a car wash bucket from Jim Knox Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, and even a day with the mayor of Hillsdale where the winner can tour all the office buildings and meet city employees. 

Love INC. is a national non­profit with 134 loca­tions that seeks to bridge the gap between the com­munity and the churches by teaching life-skill classes such as bud­geting, helping people get plugged into a local church, and donating clothes, food, and other resources to fam­ilies in need. The non­profit was estab­lished in 1997 and opened an office in Hillsdale in 2015.