‘Brushes and Bubbly’ to pop the champagne

Home Culture ‘Brushes and Bubbly’ to pop the champagne

SAB’s Brushes and Bubbly will feature drinks, mocktails for those under 21, and art lessons from a master. | Wikimedia Commons

From Concert on the Quad to Makers’ Market, the Student Activities Board has already put together a variety of events this semester to add excitement to students’ routines.

Brushes and Bubbly, on Oct. 8 from 8 to 10 p.m. in the Grewcock Student Union, looks to do just that. Brushes and Bubbly is modeled after Paint and Palette, where customers paint a picture while enjoying a nice glass of wine. The event will consist of a master painting class with either an art teacher or art major, where students can mingle, paint, and sip on drinks. Alcoholic beverages will be provided at Brushes and Bubbly for students over 21 and mocktails for those who are underage. 

Junior Clare Nalepa, SAB creative team member, had the creative vision for Brushes and Bubbly and has been heading preparation for the event. 

“I wanted it to be something where people could take something [home] that they got to paint with their friends. They get to have a fun, social, safe event,” Nalepa said.

Senior and SAB’s promotions team leader, Ian Brown, said that in addition to getting to taking home a picture they’ve painted, students will have the opportunity to meet new people. 

Brown said the point of having this kind of event is to target more specific, smaller groups of people based on a common interest — in this instance, in painting. 

“One of the big things about SAB in general is trying to grow community, creating events for people that are going to grow friendships,” Brown said. “And that happens more in the smaller events. Small events are where you get to meet people a little bit more intimately.”

Brushes and Bubbly provides a nice, relaxed environment for a Tuesday night, perfect for a study break and to unwind with new people. Students can sign up in the SAB newsletter. Spots are limited and will go quickly, Brown said.