Charger athletics introduces new loyalty program

Home News Charger athletics introduces new loyalty program
Todd Lancaster | Courtesy

The Hillsdale College Athletic Department just released a new student loyalty program for the fall semester. 

At all upcoming, ticketed, on-campus sporting events, employees will scan student IDs to earn Supercharged Loyalty Points, which can be used to earn a multitude of prizes. These include t-shirts, a Bluetooth speaker, and a pizza party, among other rewards. 

Gwendolyn Buchhop, community relations coordinator for athletics, said that the athletic staff was interested in adding a fun, new twist to Hillsdale’s athletic events and rewarding the most frequent home game spectators.

“The athletic program is very grateful for our regular attendees, so we’re excited to be able to reward them for their support,” she said. 

Buschhop added that she hopes the loyalty program will incentivize those who only come to the odd volleyball match or football game to come support Hillsdale’s athletic teams more routinely. 

The loyalty point system is designed on points accrued throughout the year. Prizes will be awarded both at random and by total points accumulated. 

“We hope to identify high point totals during the fall, winter, and spring seasons to recognize the commitment of student attendance,”Associate Athletic Director Josh Calver said in an email. “In addition, awarding prizes at random will provide opportunities for those students that cannot attend large numbers of events due to class loads and a busy schedule.”

Each ticketed home sporting event a student attends will be worth five loyalty points, and the student with the most accrued points at the end of the fall season will earn a pizza party for them and their friends at a home basketball game.

Chris Gravel, volleyball coach and assistant athletic director, said he is a fan of the new program.

“We are always excited to see students in the crowd at our volleyball competitions,” Gravel said. “The new loyalty program is a great way to keep the attendees involved at our home games. We look forward to seeing the students attend our matches and the support they bring for our program.”