County Fair and County National to host annual Beer and Wine Fes­tival as fundraiser for fair.

The Hillsdale County Fair and County National Bank will host the third annual Beer and Wine Fes­tival as a fundraiser for the Hillsdale County Fair. The event will be held at the fair­grounds on Sat­urday, May 4, from 3 – 8 p.m. and is open to everyone 21 or older.

There will be about 75 brands of craft beer and 3 dif­ferent types of wine to sample or pur­chase at the non-profit event.

Food will also be available for pur­chase at the fes­tival. One of the event sponsors, Hillsdale Market House, will be pro­viding derby-style hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Randy’s Bar­beque and Tiki Sam’s Mobile Wood Fired Pizza will also be catering food.

Because the fes­tival will take place on the same day as the Ken­tucky Derby, the race will be dis­played on large-screen TVs and ‘Pick the Race Winner’ games in addition to door prizes, drawings, and give­aways.

Lori Hull at the fair­grounds office said the fes­tival will be shaped around the spirit of the horse race.

“Everyone can come as they are, but we encourage ladies to wear their ken­tucky derby-style hats,” Hull said.

In fact, there will be a “Best Hat” com­pe­tition with a grand prize of $100.

Hillsdale Market House owner Brett Boyd said, “we are encour­aging folks to dress up. At the Ken­tucky Derby, ladies wear big crazy hats and fas­ci­nators, and that’s what we’d like people to do for this fes­tival.”

Boyd also said the fes­tival would be good for “a date night.”

“Bring your date out, try some great beer and wine, and have a little fun with the Ken­tucky Derby,” Boyd said.

Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 the day of the event, and are available at the Fair­ground office, Market House, or startickets.com. All pro­ceeds will go towards the main­te­nance of the Hillsdale County Fair.