Don Tocco will be speaking on April 11 at Hillsdale regarding student talents. Col­legian Archives

Busi­nessman and phil­an­thropist Don Tocco has con­tributed thou­sands of dollars to Hillsdale College student groups and clubs, and Tocco will make his annual visit to campus on Thursday, April 11. Tocco’s donation usually depends on a group’s rep­re­sen­tation, but he’s added a new twist to the process this year.

“Each student group must write a page or two explaining in detail the mission statement of their group and how they are uti­lizing income to serve others or advance their cause,” Tocco wrote in an email. “The best 10 letters will receive $750 each to con­tinue on their endeavors.”

Tocco wrote that the best 10 letters will receive $750, and the next 10 will receive $250.

As always, Tocco’s phil­an­thropy accom­panies a pre­sen­tation on lead­ership. The pre­sen­tation will take place in the Searle Center on Thursday at 7 p.m. The theme of Tocco’s pre­sen­tation next week is “Dis­cov­ering Your God-Given Talents.”

“The American edu­ca­tional process is devoid of a nec­essary strategy on helping stu­dents realize what their true gifts and talents actually might be,” Tocco wrote. “The pre­sen­tation will be cen­tered around ways we can start to notice and get in touch with our unique abil­ities and most impor­tantly, figure out how to build a skillset around that talent.”

Tocco is also set to announce that all grad­u­ating seniors will receive a copy of his book, “Art of the Journey.”